I provide technical support for the European marketing team, including content creation and curation as well as product placement and market research. It is my job to understand the European photonics market and ensure our products are properly positioned within it. EO products are used across such a wide range of industries and applications and I love learning about all of the exciting ways optics are enabling modern technology.
Daniel has a Masters degree in Astrophysics from the University of Edinburgh and started at EO as a Spanish speaking sales and applications engineer helping customers find the right parts for their application. He now applies the product knowledge and technical expertise he gained in his first role to marketing, making sure EO products are well placed in the European market.
My Biggest Accomplishment
I designed and built a laser optics product demonstration for one of our largest tradeshows. Seeing my concept move from the lab bench to the tradeshow floor and seeing the positive reactions from customers was hugely rewarding.
- 05/2020 – “Cut Above for Coronavirus Testing” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 09/2019 – “A Mounting Problem:How to get the best performance from the new APS-C sensors” by Daniel Adams – Imaging & Machine Vision Europe
- 07/2019 – “Optics in the fast lane” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 03/2019 – “Ultrafast Mirrors: The importance of high reflectance and dispersion control in ultrafast optics” by Daniel Adams and Tony Karam – PhotonicsViews
- 04/2018 – “Understanding Aspheric Lenses” by Daniel Adams and Shelby Ament – Optik&Photonik
- 02/2018 – “Balancing Cost and Specifications” by Daniel Adams – Optik&Photonik
- 01/2018 – “Cylinder Lenses for Beam Shaping” by Daniel Adams – Laser Technik Journal
- 12/2017 – “Viewpoint: The Future Depends on Optics” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 09/2017 – “The Importance of Ruggedization for Imaging Lenses” by Daniel Adams – Assemblaggio & Meccatronica
- 05/2017 – “How To Maximize the Performance of an Imaging System” by Daniel Adams – Assemblaggio & Meccatronica
- 10/2016 – “Quality Matters” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics